How To Get Connected To SBUMC Wi-Fi
- Start up your computer (notebook or PDA) and turn on the wireless card.
- Access yourcomputer's wireless management utility (depends on Operating System) and it should find the wireless network named either "sbuh" or "sbumc-guest".
- Simply connect to this network. As this network is not encrypted you may have to accept a warning of such from your device.
- After you have connected to the wireless network, to complete the process you must open your web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.).
- You will be taken to the web portal, please read the terms and conditions and if you agree, click the "Accept & Connect" button.
Congratulations! You should now be able to connect to the Internet.
What If I Have A Problem Connecting?
As each computer is different in terms of installed software and wireless card configuration, Stony Brook Medicine cannot provide support in setting up your individual connection. Please consult your owner's manual or contact the manufacturer's website.
- Stony Brook Medicine reserves the right to monitor Wi-Fi activity, filter content, and otherwise control or prohibit usage. Please read the terms and conditions for details on the acceptance of wireless internet access acceptable use agreement.
- Please secure all valuables, including notebooks and PDAs, at all times. Stony Brook Medicine cannot be responsible for loss or damage to these items.